Friday, May 18, 2007

You'd Prefer an Astronaut


This is an old album I've had kicking around my car for awhile. The band's name is "Hum." Patrick bought it for me in, I don't know, 1995. We liked it but there is a certain same-ness to the songs (that's not necessarily bad)... we stopped listening to it after awhile.

And then one day I was watching a re-run of Beverly Hills, 90210, and David Silver was listening to this CD... and I had to laugh. I mean, me and David Silver have zero things in common - he was such a put-on. In real life I don't know anybody like him. I mean, that haircut, those weird dance moves...! The MC Hammer pants!

Anyway, there's one track, that got some airplay, I guess (but I never heard it on the radio), called "Stars," and I really like this one - I was just listening to it. Amazon's clip is pretty minimal, I'm not sure they picked the most dynamic part of the song...?

No comments:

Post a Comment