Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Come together

Well, it's that moment in the two weeks of tech rehearsals where I really start to get excited. The School for Wives opens on Friday, and things are really close now. Last night's rehearsal started a little late so the cast could take photos, so with some unexpected free time, I wandered off to the Third Street Promenade for a little shopping and some dinner.

I stopped in at Sephora, where I bought the BareMinerals starter kit (I am "Tan," or possibly "Medium Tan;" the level of my tan-ocity will be determined soon) as advised by my friend Sarah (Sarah has gorgeous skin, which I doubt I will have even after starting to use this stuff; the girl at Sephora was very helpful but probably being pretty honest when she said she didn't think it would cover "everything" [after this exchange, another girl at the theater told me I have "beautiful skin," which was sweet, but, I suspect, untrue]. I won't have time to play with it or watch the instructional DVD [!] until Friday).

Then I walked down to the newspaper stand where I bought a magazine, headed to the little sushi place in the food court, had a plate of some kind of crunchy yummy shrimp roll and killed a little time. With 15 minutes to go before I was supposed to be back at the theater, I went into the Esprit store where I tried on and drooled all over a couple of absolutely gorgeous jackets (I also tried a pair of pants, which were too big but I didn't care enough about them to retry in a smaller size. It did make me happy, though, to be too small for pants, just not those particular pants). My salesboy, Jason, was totally cool, and he had the perfect attitude to work in a store like that with a customer like me. I really liked his 80s haircut. I only wish I'd had more money in my pocket.

After that, it was time for me to get into the booth, so I headed back to the theater, where we ran the first act two times in a row, successfuly. My job is really easy this time out, and as usual, I am awed by the talent both on and off stage. I can't wait to see the show on opening night, when I will hopefully be in the audience instead of the booth.

Unfortunately, due to that late start, we didn't finish up until 10:30... after navigating various freeway closures (stinking CalTrans!) and dropping off Bo, I didn't get home until 11:30. I can never go right to bed, so I'm pretty wiped out today. I was surprised I was able to get up on time today. Right now I am pretty sleepy. In fact, talking about how tired I am is making me tired, so I will stop and go think about something else, instead. Feel free to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment