Thursday, March 12, 2009

Success...

Happiness!

...

Those of you not on Facebook have no idea what this post is about. Well... I will tell you.

This week I have done something every night after work. I work until 5:30 but because East LA isn't exactly conveniently located (not to the places I'm going, anyway), and the places I need to be all need me to be there by 7 p.m., I haven't had a lot of time for dinner. Tonight I had to go to Culver City for flute choir, and I decided to eschew my usual trip to Mi-T Mart for a large Fiji water and Special K bar and/or banana (seriously. That is what I get. If I miss a week, the guy working there will say, "I missed you, my friend." I love Mi-T Mart. It might be my Cheers) to instead feed a craving I've been having for... Pinkberry.

I just had it a couple of weeks ago when we got our taxes done, and had been wanting it again all week. Like, really thinking about it. On Facebook, I posted a status update to the effect of, "Irene wonders if there's a Pinkberry in Culver City and if there will be time to go there tonight before flute choir."

Well. There isn't a Pinkberry in Culver City, but there is one in the Marina. Traffic was pretty light once I got to the 105 so I made a quick stop. The two dudes working there were super-nice, I satisfied a craving, and I was mostly on time for flute choir.

Our rehearsal was interesting, not unlike the "interesting" rehearsal I witnessed last night at the theater. I mean, work was done, but it was a little stressful at times. I am trying to be patient and graceful, and to play well my own parts, and to be supportive of the other players... I think I need to try harder. Our concert is next week. I am not sure we'll be ready. Hopefully things will go better Monday. Since I had to be in Culver City, I missed a tech rehearsal tonight, and while I loved playing my flute (well, I mostly played piccolo tonight), I missed seeing the work they did tonight, and I am totally curious about how it went. I will possibly see tomorrow, but I don't know yet if they will need me. I hope they do.

The bad part about all the stuff I've been doing this week means I haven't had any time to go to the gym or even work out with my Wii Fit trainer. I miss it. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my friend Andrea, hopefully watching "The Bells Are Ringing" and possibly going to Santa Monica in the evening, but I do hope to fit in a little time on the trampoline or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment