Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Man On Wire

Franny and I just finished watching "Man On Wire," about the French guy who, in 1974 (1973?) managed to get himself and about four other guys up to the top of the Twin Towers at the World Trade Center in New York, without being detected by security, along with all his equipment, and successfully walked (I think he made 8 crossing) across a wire he stretched between the buildings.

Both our expressions accurately display our amazement at this. It really was beautiful and amazing, and the story, as told by those who were actually there, was gripping.

Plus the guy, Philippe Petit? That dude had an amazing body in 1974.

This is the second film in my newly re-formed alliance with Netflix. The next movie is... Oh, dear. The next movie is Dreamgirls. How'd that get on there?

Now I'd better get to bed. I just found out I have to report to jury duty tomorrow, and a little while ago, I had a, well, let's just say "interesting" experience after eating two oranges. I'm feeling a little delicate right now. But I'm definitely looking forward to what is, I hope, a full day of sitting around, waiting, and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment