Monday, March 23, 2009

Subject: RE: Perplexed

From: Irene
Sent: Monday, March 23 7:30 AM
To: Andrea
Subject: RE: Perplexed

Hola. This message seems so long ago now. I wonder what pants I was wearing? Am I the same girl I was... Thursday?

"The School For Wives" opened this weekend finally! Bo and company did excellently (http://www.citygarage.org/ for photos!), and teh LA Weekly and LA Times reviewers were there Saturday night; hopefully they liked what they saw.

From: Andrea
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 9:27 AM
To: Irene
Subject: RE: Perplexed

First thing I thought of was the bra stuffing. Weird.
Bad bathroom etiquette to ask someone if they are OK while locked IN the bathroom stall unless you hear moans/vomiting/actually SEE their body sprawled on the floor-feet poking out.
Was it one ply?

From: Irene
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:02 AM
To: Andrea
Subject: Perplexed

Good morning! I overslept an hour, didn't take a shower, have dirty hair, pants on that I haven't been able to wear in months (yay!), and a stupid clip in my hair that would make my mother proud but makes me feel like an 8 year old. How are you?

OK, so. I'm in the bathroom, right? (Don't worry: the subject has nothing to do with anything I did in the bathroom.) And I'm pleased, because nobody's in there and it's nice to have a little privacy.

Then, somebody comes in, and washes their hands. After washing their hands, they ("she," most likely), go(es) into the handicapped stall and sits down. I'm like, okay, I'm just gonna keep sitting here, chillin'. I spaced out (I am very. tired. today) for a minute. Then I'm all, "What the heck is that noise?" (because I say "heck" in my mind now). I listened for awhile, and I realized it was the sound of the toilet paper dispenser, being... dispensed. Endlessly. Like: that's a lotta toilet paper, yo. (Why am I talking like this?) As far as I know, "she" hadn't yet even used the toilet, though, to be honest, I wasn't paying that much attention.

For what purpose would one need that much toilet paper? I went out and washed my hands, and still : the sound of the toilet paper dispenser. I dried my hands: toilet paper dispenser. I opened the door: toilet paper dispenser. I considered asking the person ("she") if she was okay, but I thought, do I want to know?

Do you think she was hurt? Bleeding? Stuffing her bra to Dolly Parton proportions? Am I cruel for walking away? What should I have done?

No comments:

Post a Comment