Friday, July 17, 2009

Another bit of something from the stuff about the ninth grade

(Start here, if you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about. And here, too.)

...

Thinking about it now it's no surprise that it was boring. We didn't know each other. If I'd been a gregarious, confident girl, maybe we would have had a chance, but a confident, gregarious girl would not have needed the secrecy and subterfuge that led to this moment. The secrecy is what made it all interesting, the buildup was what fed into this, and it turned to be a big flop. And it's not like he was making it easier. If I was shy, he was quiet. One of us was supposed to make a move. I'm not saying it should've been him: I could've made a move. Well, I did make a move: I had a crush and I admitted it. But further moves were never made and it fizzled out before it even got started.

No comments:

Post a Comment