Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I know this isn't very nice, but -

My co-worker is going through a bankruptcy. Rough on her, and while I don't know the details I know it's involved many phone calls and her being broke all the time. I'm not blaming her or casting aspersions: I know stuff happens. People file for bankruptcy all the time. It could happen to anybody.

She spent the better part of the day on the telephone with a car dealership, making plans to buy a brand new car (her old one got repossessed). Her boyfriend is helping with the payments. That's great, but I don't know. Is this a wise thing to start? She needs a car, no doubt, but brand new? That's a whole new financial headache, isn't it? What if her boyfriend decides to stop making the payments? Or what if they break up? It's none of my business, I know. Maybe if she conducted this business elsewhere, I wouldn't care. As it is, it makes me nervous.

...

In other news, apparently neither Patrick nor I slept well last night. I talked with him a little while ago and we're both basically sleepwalking today. I remember waking up twice last night, once around 1:30 a.m. and once around 3 a.m., thinking it was time to get up (my alarm goes off at 5:05. Believe me, I need those five minutes). Even after eating lunch I felt ridiculously sleepy. I need a nap, big time.

I'd planned going for a ride tonight, but we'll see. Sleep might be a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment