Saturday, July 25, 2009

Opening night - great show

Well, all my nervous energy went to good use, because last night's opening of "The Chairs" at City Garage went perfectly.

(Just so you know, I have never done the tech for opening night, and certainly never ran the show with less than 5 rehearsals. This was a pretty big deal.)

Patrick even said it was his favorite show that he's seen there, so far.

Felt very proud of myself, and now I'm just glad opening night is over. All that's left is to do it about 30 more times.

My friend Paul took this photo last week. That's me, Bo Roberts (Old Man), Cynthia Mance (Old Woman), Evan (one of the ADs), and Garth Whitten (The Orator). As the light/sound operator, I don't usually get a photo with the cast. This one is special.

Also, yesterday Patrick was listening to KPCC, and Patt Morrison was speaking with LA theater critics Stephen Leigh Morris, Wenzel Jones, and Dany Margolies, and a mention was made by one of the critics about looking forward to seeing the Chairs, and the "good work" that's always done at City Garage.

If I did this right, you can listen here. It's the tail end of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment