Friday, March 21, 2008

I am not a math superstar

But I did pass my math class. Not exactly with the super high score I had envisioned (and with one puny math score, local girl makes good!), but then again, studying (or not studying) may have had something to do with that.

So in celebration, I am buying a little sweater jacket from J. Crew.

I have issues with J. Crew, one being, their damn shipping takes sooo long (the other is, do I have to buy into their preppy lifestyle too? I used to love reading their catalog because I learned about all the different blends of mens suiting and cashmere and crap, and the models seemed like slightly better looking versions of my brother's friends from the 80s, who I admired, and I seem to recall them employing slightly older models, but now it's one Benny Ninja "catalog" pose after another). I even emailed their customer service and got an unapologetic answer from some chick named Donna (riiiight) who I imagined with straight blond hair wearing pearls, expensively distressed dark denim jeans, and a canary yellow cardigan over a ruffly shirt, who sat at her desk with perfect posture and typed this message, manicured nails clicking against the keys in a flurry:

We understand that the cost of transportation of our product from the warehouse to your home [which she probably imagined as a double-wide trailer] can be a factor in the overall [she probably imagined me wearing overalls] cost of shopping online; however, we want you to know that the J.Crew shipping and handling fee is a one-time charge, the amount of which is determined by the value of your order and which covers packaging and shipping expenses for all shipments made from the order including waitlisted merchandise and subsequent shipments resulting from returns for exchange.

That is one long ass sentence! And you thought I was long-winded. It puzzles me that she felt she had to specify that they only charge once for shipping. Who's been ripped off for paying for shipping twice? I mean, that sounds like a real scam.

Anyway, I'm buying this. And yes, it's on sale. So the value of my order is rather low. Then again, this item is about 1/2 of what it originally cost. Do I save? Or am I a chump, again?

No comments:

Post a Comment