Thursday, March 13, 2008

Motorcrash

So.

I'm starting to get a little freaked out. Every day since someday last week when I first started noticing it (and now I can't remember exactly what day that was, but let's just say last Monday to make it easy) I have seen a car accident.

Not a car accident, just occurring right in front of me. Rather the aftermath. And they've been some pretty major car accidents - since I don't drive the freeway as much as I did before (my job is only 20 minutes away by surface streets) - even on the street. Yesterday a white car was wrapped around a telephone pole on my way home from work. Tonight there was a really serious three car accident by the freeway on-ramp when I was on my way to Culver City. I think everyone had been taken away by ambulance, but there were still three firetrucks on the scene.

Oh. And there was a child's car seat on the ground, which terrifies me. Let's not think about it.

Sunday there was a terrible accident on the other side of the 405 when I was driving to Santa Monica. They even had the fast lane on my side closed because of it - there were large pieces of debris all over the road.

There were more, but now I'm really starting to notice. Okay, okay, I get it already.

Tonight on my way home I watched a white car in front of me come -this- close to hitting the black car in the lane to our right.

Slow the fuck down, people. Use your mirrors. Signal your lane changes. Turn off the phone and I'll put down the iPod. I don't know if this is a warning for me, or a warning for me to pass along. Either way, I don't want to die in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment