Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ride in the dark

Today's been a nice day. My parents drove down and we took them for a late lunch at Lucille's BBQ. We've gone there before with them and they liked it. My mother and I had the baby back ribs, Patrick had a steak, and my dad had a cheeseburger. A cheeseburger.

Well, you know, they told us later that they had dinner at Sizzler last night, so maybe they were all fine dining'd out.

Lucille's was a teeny tiny bit disappointing. This lady sitting behind my mother kept staring at me. The first time she did it, I thought she was annoyed because I was talking a bit loudly - my parents are both hard of hearing and they had the music cranked in that place today - but then the second time, I was like, okay, lady, I'm not that pretty that I deserved a second look! Turn your ass around!

(What, not believable?)

Anyway, my ribs were good, but a tiny bit too black on the outside for my taste. The corn was truly sweet, but a bit cold. My mother's roasted peanut slaw was supposed to have peanuts in it (?), but there was nary a peanut to be found. Honestly, I've never heard of "roasted peanut slaw," so I have no idea. Our waitress, though sweet, was a bit slow, and sloppy. And young. Since when are they hiring 14 year olds in restaurants? Jesus. (Just how old do you have to be to start griping about the youth serving you ribs at 4 o'clock in the afternoon? Am I aging quickly or what?) My dad liked her, though, so fine, then.

Anyway, after we came home, chatted up the folks for awhile, then they left so my mother could go to the Christian bookstore (!). Patrick took a nap, and I went for a bike ride. It's such a nice night, and wasn't exactly dark when I left (though getting there). I rode for about 50 minutes.

Now we're going to Guitar Center, and therefore avoiding the whole issue of sitting in the dark for an hour. The cats won't notice, I don't think.

No comments:

Post a Comment