Thursday, May 22, 2008

Subject: FW: TELEPHONE MESSAGE

From: Irene
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:24 AM
To: Andrea
Subject: FW: TELEPHONE MESSAGE

Oh, I get that too. I didn't think you would appreciate my sending emails that have no response. This is far more entertaining than "..." Or "---" Or " ." No?

This morning I found a photo of my friend Rachel from the 8th grade with whom I am still friends. Rachel wrote an alternate version of "KIT" on the back. She was such a rebel! She wrote, "Stay funny and weird. P.S. You love Piglet."

Nice to know I was funny (how so, I wonder? Unless she meant, "funny looking") in 1986 (I'm just going to ignore the weird part. Is that a compliment? I don't want to think about it anymore), but I have NO IDEA who Piglet was. That's just crazy. For me to have loved someone and to not remember it?! Unbelievable. I could write you a list - RIGHT NOW - of every crush since kindergarten. Starting with Jeremy Portfilio. But we'll save that list for another day and time. Now I want to know who was Piglet and why did I love him? Was Piglet cute? Did Piglet know I loved him? Where's Piglet now?


From: Andrea
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:17 AM
To: Irene
Subject: RE: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


Sheesh, at least he responds to your emails, lucky. I get nothing.


From: Irene
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:09 AM
To: Andrea
Subject: FW: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


If he had just said in his 10:31 message that he had called him, I would've left him and his supervisors alone and all this would've been moot. MOOT. Moooooooot. Moot.

I like that I used the word "gentleman" in the original message. "Dude" was the word I would've normally reached for. Those classes in deportment are finally kicking in. Next is the book-on-head trick.

I have zero motivation today. ZERO. Zerrrrrrrrrro. Zero.


From: Irene
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:04 AM
To: Random Co-worker
Cc: Random Co-worker's Supervisor; Random Co-worker's Other Supervisor
Subject: RE: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


Great. Thank you.


From: Random Co-worker
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:57 AM
To: Irene
Cc: Random Co-worker's Supervisor; Random Co-worker's Other Supervisor
Subject: RE: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


yes...I called him a hour ago by the time I received your e-mail. I also explain to him the letter been sent out already.


From: Irene
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:54 AM
To: Random Co-worker
Cc: Random Co-worker's Supervisor; Random Co-worker's Other Supervisor
Subject: RE: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


Could you please call and let him know, since he has been enquiring?


From: Random Co-worker
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:31 AM
To: Irene
Cc: Random Co-worker's Supervisor; Random Co-worker's Other Supervisor
Subject: RE: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


For Mr. Caller, he already been schedule for the written test on June 6, and the schedule notice has been sent out yesterday.


From: Irene
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:33 AM
To: Random Co-worker

Cc: Random Co-worker's Supervisor; Random Co-worker's Other Supervisor

Subject: TELEPHONE MESSAGE


Random Co-worker, we received a call this morning on The Big Boss's line from a gentleman who applied for the Such-and-Such position (he said) nine weeks ago. He's been trying to reach you regarding the status of his application. Please give him a call and let me know what the outcome is. I will follow up later today.

GENTLEMAN CALLER
(310) 867-5309

No comments:

Post a Comment