Monday, May 12, 2008

Sushi and beer improve crappy moods. Who knew?

Patrick had the good fortune of picking a $100 bill up off the ground near his car in an undisclosed location today. It was kind of funny, because he called me at work, told me something else about some guys he's been working with, listened to my story about this lady I work with -- Short version, here:

She and/or her staff lost the file for this guy who wants to work for us. A week ago. So I go into her office with her boss, and we're discussing it. And this lady says to me, "We lost the file! Nobody has it!" She's told me this story before and yet in the days that have passed since I first heard this story, she hasn't done anything about it. So I'm sitting down (her boss is standing), and I say, in this really mean little voice, "So what you're telling me basically is that this guy is screwed because YOU LOST HIS FILE?" I didn't get louder at the end, just sarcastic, but as everyone knows, sarcasm is difficult to convey via, um, the written word. Unless you're Philip Roth, and - as you should already be aware - I am not.

Anyway, so he listened to my story and laughed at the idiots I work with and the way I told the story (it was a much better story on the phone), and then he goes, "Oh, hey, guess what I found when I was at _______?" And I'm all, um, "evil Bart?" (I'm giving you clues, what's wrong with you people?) He said "No... [thought about it, got it, then said:] I found a hundred dollar bill!"

After we confirmed that he had indeed found a hundred dollar bill ("No!" "Yes!" "Really!?" "Yes!" "Is it real?" "Yes!" see how my shortened version of this made the story flow better?), the first thing he said was, "Wanna go back to Haru Haru?"

Haru Haru is the sushi restaurant we went on our 10 year anniversary and it was amazing, and we couldn't wait to go back again. This was the perfect occasion. Plus getting drunk on a Monday night is always fun, and I should seriously think about doing it more often. Plus Haru Haru is next door to BevMo! and Trader Joe's and there's nothing funnier than BevMo! and Trader Joe's after one has had 2 large Sapporos. It's not my favorite beer in the world but the sheer volume of it made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment