Monday, January 8, 2007

Early to rise, early to bed*

(Actually we stayed up until 10 last night, watching "Iron Chef America." Then, once we turned out the lights I couldn't sleep. I also couldn't breathe. My nose is totally stuffed. And when it's not totally stuffed, it's totally running. It's not a good scene, here. Oh, and once I finally did fall asleep, I had a weird dream about living on a boat. And my dad was making counterfeit quarters.)

Today I got up early because I have to be downtown in two hours to take a test. If I do well, I could get a promotion. I wouldn't have to leave the job I've only been at one month, though: they could just promote me.

I have no idea what's going to be on this test. They provided no study materials or even subject matter. Since I'm still sick, I don't really care. I just want to get it over with, with the least amount of coughing and nose-blowing possible. And then I have to go back to work, but we'll see. If I'm feeling like crap it would be nice to just go home.

This weekend we all went to the Castaway in Burbank for my brother's birthday. If you haven't been there, drive up. There's an amazing view. The food was fine... we went for brunch, which in my opinion, was just OK. Then again, I'm not a huge brunch fan. The place was very crowded, and I'm also not a fan of weaving through people's outstretched legs and oversized purses in the aisle on my way to the food.

Anyway, I'd better go. I have to finish getting ready. I used to work downtown, near where I'm going to take this test, but I haven't been there in a long time, and I have to remember how to get there from here (cue R.E.M.'s "Can't Get There From Here").

*And seriously, if that title doesn't have you humming the theme to "Alice," I don't know what I'm going to do with you. You can, "kiss my grits," I guess. Oh, and click the title. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment