Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tonight's Pictures of Me















My friend Paul took this one and the next one, at the theater tonight. This is me, in the light booth. Patrick wondered why you can't see more of the light booth. Well, it's pretty small. Paul took the photo from below - you have to step up about 4 steps to be where I am, and there's not a lot of room to maneuver. Maybe Sunday I'll have him take another.















The light board is right behind me. It's not very large... maybe the size of a 3 regular-size computer keyboards. One night it did this really wacky thing on me, before (thank God) the show started. Not sure if you can see, but there's a teeny tiny light attached to the board. It's got some kind of wiry, bendy thing, so you can move it. During the show, I use that light and another goose-neck lamp on the wall by the audio equipment (to my left in this picture, not sure if you can see it). Anyway, one night (before the show, thank god) I needed to move the teeny tiny light. That's the one that shines on my notes (I wondered, the other night, if I could do the show by heart, and I think maybe I could, now). So I nudged it a little with my finger.

Nudging that light was a BAD idea, because somehow (and I hear you saying, Irene, there's no "somehow" in electronics) that caused the board to shift into the next lighting cue, and took the thing out of the right mode, WITHOUT my touching the "go" button.

Needless to say, that freaked my shit out. I got it all back to normal in time for the show. But you bet your ass I didn't touch anything on that board other than the "go" button all night.




















Self portrait in car, after dropping off Bo. We carpooled tonight. I enjoy carpooling with him more when he drives.




















This one was taken while in line at El Pollo Loco. I found out minutes after taking this photo that they were out of ice cream. Needless to say (have I been saying, "needless to say" a lot?), I got out of line and drove to another Pollo Loco. Because ice cream? Totally necessary tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment