Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Short List

To-do

1. Finish the never-ending laundry. Not sure how I'm going to accomplish this; but it must be done. Maybe will have to enlist the help of Franny the kitten.

2. Practice more than once a month. Seriously. My flute teacher wrote these words on my sheet (it's the reminder page she writes out with stuff for me to do on it) last week: "Practice! The World Deserves It!" Pretty cool, no? And she believes it. So, hey. Whatever tiny part of the world that hears me play the flute better watch out because I'm going to start practicing. Tomorrow, though, 'cause it's way too late now.

3. Watch more movies. The last movie I went to the theater to see was "Little Miss Sunshine." It was terrific, but had already been out for like 4 months by the time I got off my ass to see it. There are a ton of great new movies, but we never go. Honestly, I think we're too cheap, and that's just wrong.

4. Drink more beer. I've started drinking Newcastle again, and I think I'm hooked.

5. Be better about keeping the house clean. I've made this comment about my mom's house: "You could eat off the floors." Normally I follow it with, "But why would you want to?" because I've been pretending to be a slob. But actually, and this was proven by Damon in the 10th grade, I'm pretty damn uptight. And what are uptight people? Uptight people are clean (or they should be; messy uptight people tend to be suicidal. It's been proven in studies). So if I want to embrace me as I really am (the me I am today, not the me I could be tomorrow) I gotta take the uptight by the hand and make it make me clean my bathroom more than once every six months.

6. Remember that I can be funny! This post may not be an indication of my sense of humor. Or it may be an excellent indication of my sense of humor; I'm not sure. I'm very tired, you see, and it's been a long day.

1 comment:

  1. Practice? Still optional in my neck of the city. And there has NEVER been any doubt about your wicked sense of humor. Not from me anyway.

    ReplyDelete