Friday, January 26, 2007

Franny's been spayed

I picked up Franny from the vet today while on my lunch break. I took her yesterday morning to be spayed.

God, I missed her in that one day she was away from home! Anyway, I took off a little early from lunch to pick her up and settle her in at home. She sat in my lap while I ate my lunch (her favorite, a turkey sandwich. Of course she had some, too) and now she's sleeping on the chair in the office with her teddy bear and a blanket (and shaved tummy... she's had a hysterectomy, which seems funny to me, because she's only 7 months old! Never to be a woman, and no longer a little girl, could Britney Spears write a song about her?). I have to take her back in 4 days to get the pain patch thing removed. And then in 2 and 1/2 weeks to take them a stool sample: fun!

I wish I could stay home with her but I have to get back to work. If you saw the stack of stuff I have to do today... You would know that this week I definitely earned my money.

Oh, and there are only 19 days until we got back to Colorado! I can't wait (except... if I missed Franny this much in 24 hours, how much will I miss her in a week and a half!?).

[Photo added at 12 a.m. Dora is taking good care of the kitten, isn't she!]

No comments:

Post a Comment