Sunday, January 28, 2007

Idiosyncrasies

Julie has tagged me, so I now I have an assignment. I'm supposed to come up with six idiosyncrasies. I've been thinking about this a little bit for a couple of days, and I think I've come up with exactly three. I'm sure Patrick could name a few more, but I'm having trouble.

Anyway, here are my idiosyncrasies. If anybody thinks of any more, send 'em in.

1- I like relish, but I don't like pickles.

2 - I hate telephone books. Patrick, for some reason, likes to stockpile them. If I don't stay on top of it, some day I'll open the cupboard door, and there are like 12 of them in there.

3 - I can't eat alone without something to read. No book or magazine? I'll buy a newspaper. No newspaper? I'll read anything free with words within reach. I always have a book or something in the car. And it takes me like a week to read one days' newspaper, because I read all of it, during lunchtime only. All of it: the sports page, the business section, all of it.

4 - And on that note, I've been known to read the Lysol can (and other similar handy objects) while in the restroom. Public restroom with no spray cans nearby? I'll see how many words I can make out of whatever's in there with me, usually the toilet seat cover box. How many words can you make out of "PROTECTO"?

5 - I cannot stand Oprah, Larry King, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, Andy Rooney, Rachel Ray, Giada De Laurentis, or Huell Howser.

6 - I can't stand the following words or phrases:

"whatnot"
"good times"
"happenstance"
"anyways"
"it's all good"
"ditty"
"tune"
that sound people make when they think other people are being "catty"
"shout out"
"props"
"mad skills"

No comments:

Post a Comment