Friday, April 18, 2008

First day of vacation

It's my first day off work, and I woke up at 8 o'clock. 8 o'clock! What the hell, I wanted to sleep until 11, 12, 1... But 8 o'clock! Jeez. I stayed in bed for awhile, with KPCC on (but not really listening), and read a catalog I get for some unknown reason (Athleta; they specialize in pretty, cute workout- and swimwear for chicks - not stuff I have a need for). I've decided that since I'm up, I want to accomplish a few things before I have to go to Santa Monica. Here's my list:

- Clean the bathroom
- Take a shower
- Get the clean laundry put away and sort the dirty laundry (actually wash the clothes at another time)
- Get a haircut - no, not the length, but the part that hangs free when I pull my hair back into a ponytail. Not bangs, just neaten up that part. I'm growing out my layers (again).
- Get a manicure and pedicure. I'm thinking black.
- Get my eyebrows done
- Go for a bike ride

Right now, though, I'm sitting here in my pajamas listening to a CD/playlist I made for my friend Bo. Since I'm posting lists today, here's another one. These are the songs I thought he would like. It's a bit heavy on the Radiohead/Thom Yorke; he just told me that he liked the last CD I made for him with Radiohead on it so I thought I'd give him another taste before giving him all Radiohead, all the time.

Here's Bo's playlist:

  1. Too Much, by Robben Ford
  2. Daybreaker, by Beth Orton
  3. Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her, Kiss Her, by XTC
  4. Sneaky Feelings, by Elvis Costello
  5. Shiver and Shake, by the Cure
  6. My Enemy, by the Afghan Whigs
  7. Love Will Come Through, by Travis
  8. Harrowdown Hill, by Thom Yorke
  9. Haven't You Heard, by Jeff Buckley
  10. Space Junk, by Devo
  11. Arms Akimbo, by Hugo Largo
  12. Jigsaw Falling Into Place, by Radiohead
  13. Scrape Away, by the Jam
  14. Misadventure, by Squeeze
  15. 1,000,000, by R.E.M.
  16. Bodysnatchers, by Radiohead
  17. Runaways, by XTC
  18. Soup, by Blind Melon
  19. And It Rained All Night, by Thom Yorke
Not much there that's new or deep, but I think he'll like them.

Last night's flute choir concert went okay. Short, sweet, and tired: I can't do another concert on that little sleep. I spaced out in the prettiest piece we do - skipped a bar or two - and felt really bad about it. Nobody noticed (or so they say) but I like the part I was playing and wished it had been perfect (as it has been in every single rehearsal). Oh, well. We did two pieces with the entire flute choir, and then there was a duet, a trio, and my group, the quartet. The quartet, "Dizzy Fingers" went over really well. Patrick videotaped it, and I might post it here, after getting approval from Janet, Greg, and Julie.

Now I'd better get showered and started on that list of things to do.

...

(things done on list: above? 1 - take shower)

Martha Stewart's blog yet again manages to awaken in me the feeling of envy (she went to the Bahamas) and her strange words crack me up yet again. I'm going to find a use for "eating conch will put lead in your pencil." Right on, Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment