Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I forgot to mention

In addition to the unconditional love I received on Sunday (from my parents and their dogs), I also seem to have sprouted some kind of allergic reaction to Rocco, my brother's adorable mini Rottweiler (OK, I don't think he's a mini Rottweiler, but he looks like a Mini Rottweiler, and right now I'm just enjoying saying Mini Rottweiler in my head), because yesterday I woke up (at the ungodly hour of 7:30 a.m. What the hell is going on?) and my left eyelid was about the thickness of an orange rind and my eyelashes were nowhere to be found. Now, I wouldn't have spurned Rocco's affections, even knowing now that I would end up with Puffy Eye, because he is a very sweet dog who weighs less than my cats (and to be honest, he's a much better cuddler than any of them, though, in their defense, none of my cats has ever farted on me, and Rocco did it twice. For a small dog he sure is smelly), but I might've prepared and hit the Claritan a day early.

You people already know that I'm slightly crosseyed, right? Well. Way to work on my self-esteem, no?

In other news, I bought some snazzy new hangers over the weekend at K-Mart (they have the same hangers at Target but at Target, they're $4.99 for 4, and they're a slightly darker shade of beige, with gold metal accents. The ones at K-Mart at $7.99 for 10, and have silver metal. You fancy people at Target are getting RIPPED OFF). Interestingly, neither K-Mart nor Target has these specific hangers on their website, but I'm telling you this (why am I telling you this?!) because I bought all the ones they had at my local K-Mart (these hangers are extra thin - I have a small closet - and have some sort of velvety stuff on them to grip the clothes - my clothes are always falling off) and I need one more pack and now I have to go outside in public with this big-ass Puffy Eye and I've turned into the crazy Puffy Eye Hanger Lady.

I didn't have to go to City Garage last night, but I do today, and I hope the Claritan and eyedrops kicks in, because I also have to go to the cable company and try to get a new remote. And I don't want to have to wear sunglasses inside and look like a nutbag.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment