Monday, April 14, 2008

Random email

I haven't done this in awhile. I found an email conversation I had with Paul back in 2006 and thought it was charming enough on its own to post here.

Who cares if it really is (charming). It's not exactly filler, but...

From: Irene
To: Paul
Date: Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:41 PM
Subject: Dear Sir:

¿Cómo es usted? Estoy muy bien. Yo he comido una comida fina hoy, y me ha hecho soñoliento.

¿Mis servicios se necesitan el domingo a taquilla? Déjeme por favor saber, de modo que pueda planear mi fin de semana.

Grazias. Espero verle pronto.

Adiós para ahora,Irene

Chasque
aquí.

...

From: Paul
To: Irene
Date Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Seriously, the verb you wanted in that first sentence was estar, not ser.

If you would like to come Sunday I will use you. Because it's a Workshop Sunday I can probably rope some member into doing it, but given my druthers I'd rather have you there one last time.

..

From: Irene
To: Paul
Date: Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 1:42 PM

I'd rather have me one last time, too.

See you Sunday ~ 4 p.m.

Taquilla taquilla,
Irene


...

From: Paul
To: Irene
Date: Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 3:20 PM

And don't call me "Sir", that's my father's name. You can call me "Mister."

...

From: Irene
To: Paul
Date: Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 3:54 PM

In the great misogynistic tradition of the late Robert Heinlein, I respond best when addressed as "Front!" Exclamation point required.


...

I love this type of email. Slightly silly, they serve a purpose (the purpose of the first message from me was to see if I was needed to work box office at City Garage that night. I think they were running "The Battle: ABC," and I think that might've been closing night... wait, that doesn't make sense, because Pauly was in "The Battle" and therefore wouldn't be the one organizing the front-of-house crew...? I don't know. I'm confused), but they never abandon the importance of a little smile. Little smiles are really important, even if I'm the only one wearing one.

Believe me, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment