Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This post sounded better in my head

What a weird day. My boss didn't come in, and her inbox was jammed full, so she asked me to login for her and clear out her inbox of old emails (moved to archive folders, yada yada yada). It took FOREVER. She had a ton of email. I kept getting up (it's also 50 degrees in her office, I was freezing) and going back to my own, much warmer desk to do my own, much more pressing (but obviously less important) work, but I couldn't leave her job half done, so... I spent most of the day running back and forth, annoyed at the amount of time it took.

I did learn something today, though.

My friend was telling me about another friend who is on a spending spree (clothes, makeup, etc.) in anticipation of a rapidly approaching trip, and she had been consulting with her about makeup brushes. She mentioned a "kabuki brush." I immediately thought of kabuki theatre and so imagined that the only point in owning a kabuki brush would be to apply as much thick makeup as possible, at one time. It didn't sound attractive to me, and so I made the funniest comment I would make all day:

Is L. going to clown school?

Not that I am in any way implying that kabuki actors are clowns. Or anything disrespectful toward them, Japanese people, or anything. God. See what I mean? This was much, much better before I attempted telling it. Now I'm getting all tied up and wrong. Shit.

Anyway, um, no. it turns out a kabuki brush is just a nice large brush made of goat hair (please tell me the goats survive that).

1 comment:

  1. GOAT HAIR!?!?!? No one told me that! Almost disgusting as $1 Chinese Food.

    ReplyDelete