Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Today's walk soundtrack provided by Genesis

So last night's hour of creativity (and which turned out not to be all that creative; I was unwittingly channeling Phil Collins) inspired me to listen to some actual Genesis.

I've had "Abacab" and "No Reply At All" pretty much on repeat most of the day. The lyrics to Abacab, which, to be honest, I've never really paid much attention to (I always sing the one part along with Phil, and Patrick makes fun of me, but only because of the way I say "da da die da da da da die da!"). Anyway, I love the way they throw in the word Abacab sort of parenthetically. I think I'm gonna start doing that myself.

Here's an example:

I've got an episode of "Hell's Kitchen" recording right now (Gordon Ramsay is so strangely appealing), but Patrick's out in the garage again (Abacab!) and I think I'll save it to watch later when he can watch it with me. Instead, I'm going to watch an A&E show I taped on Jane Austen (one of my favorite authors), which totally would not interest Patrick.

I took a slightly shorter walk today (45 mins.) because when I left, Patrick was making dinner (some kind of delicious sausage thing, and tamale pie, from Fresh & Easy), and the main point of my walk was to return some lip gloss I bought earlier in the day to Walgreen's (why is it that whenever I return anything to any store, I always feel like a thief? It's of course never true, but still. I had my receipt, but they made me wait for the manager, and I just felt like at any moment, they were going to cuff me to a chair in the back room and call my parents [Abacab!]). Oh, yeah, and to get outside. Whoever told me that exercise would improve my outlook on life was damn right. I had a great, productive day today and I felt like a million bucks. Oh, and I saw a couple of hummingbirds. What's better than that?

I go now. I've got things to do.

And no, that's not a euphemism.

No comments:

Post a Comment